Hello fellow learners and lovers of the Vietnamese language!
Like all of us at IziViet you want to hear all the fun facts about Christmas in Saigon while learning Vietnamese!
Saigon is home to the biggest community of Christians in Vietnam. Here most families celebrate Christmas as a time of fun and joy to share with friends. A time to head downtown to roam the city for photo shoots amid sparkling decorations and Christmas trees beaming with glowing baubles.
Grottoes and biblical scenes lighted up with flashing colors and vibrant twinkle lights will enchant you!
Take the opportunity to chat to the many onlookers sharing in the Christmas love. Here is your top 5 list for Christmas:
- Join us! Learn Vietnamese to part take in the local Christmas
- A week before Christmas head to Districts 8 and Go Vap for the most beautiful nativity scenes. They’ll blow your mind away!
- A few days before Christmas dash to Tan Dinh church (Pink Church) in District 3 to buy your Christmas decorations or rush to Cho Lon in District 5 to buy fairy lights and crazy Santas! An other option is to zoom around Thao Dien in District 2 to hunt for your delicious stash of Christmas goodies and
- On Christmas eve, jump on your motorbike all dressed up in red and white to join the storm … of Santas zigzagging in District 1 for selfies in front of the decorated shopping centers all around A tropical Christmas vibe will warm your heart.
- If you’re a fan of mega-size fireworks you’ll have to wait till December 31st and find a spot around Landmark 81 in Binh Thanh or drive out to the Dam Sen Park in District 11
To shop and chat and enjoy the holiday season in Saigon…warm up to the Vietnamese spirit and speak like a local…
Become a Saigoneer! Be an IziVieter! Join us at www. iziviet.com
—————————————————— LOCAL INFORMATION:
Pham The Hien street Nghia Phat street
All Churches in Tan Binh
Go Vap District: Churches of
Tu Dinh & Bac Dung & Hanh Thong Tay
Cho lon market
Tan Dinh Church on Hai Ba Trung street
Thao Dien street and Xuan Thuy street
Le Duan avenue
Nha Tho Duc Ba church Dong Khoi street
Nguyen Hue walking street